Oxide is seeking electrical engineers to join us in building the next generation of rack-scale, fully-integrated machines.
As an electrical engineer working at Oxide, you will:
- Work with software engineers to co-design a system, finding ways to solve problems by making software and hardware cooperate rather than operate at cross-purposes
- Work with mechanical engineers to design servers, switches, and a rack that work together, solving everything from thermal to cabling along the way
- Design and develop electronic circuits for our high-speed boards
- Simulate and test the board designs
- Ensure boards are compliant with all industry standards and regulatory requirements
These responsibilities are just a starting place! We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do -- we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Love getting into the weeds of circuit design and love finding new and innovative ways to simulate and test board designs
- Approach schematic entry as a craft, realizing a readable schematic is easier to review and understand
- Want to work with the latest technologies, even if you know doing so might come with very limited documentation and having to figure out things yourself
- Are energized by the intricacies of signal and power integrity and you love diving into the complexity
- Have experience prototyping and testing your own boards from end to end
- Feel at home surrounded by oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and frequency counters
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design as well as familiarity with the following areas: DDR4, PCIe and I2C/SPI/UART buses
- Experience in FPGA architecture, RTL/Verilog/BlueSpec, STA, testbench validation, regression testing, power analysis, and system validation
- Believe in fully documenting your ideas
- Enjoy reading the documentation produced by others
- Are familiar with GitHub or willing to learn basic software development workflows
If you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying! We all came from different backgrounds with different skills, too.
Life at Oxide
We are very explicit about our values, and they can be seen in daily life at Oxide, for example:
- Our rigor means we enjoy and take pride in the craft of engineering.
- Our urgency means that we are not above the judicious short-cut.
- Our versatility is reflected in our greatest strength: the breadth of our team.
- Our transparency can be seen in our consensus-driven RFD process.
- Our responsibility means that we both lead and follow: we have our own domains, but we also help others on their parts.
- Our curiosity shows in our insatiable desire to learn – and our empathy in our love of teaching others.
- Our humor is a big part of our daily lives: we are inveterate wise-crackers whose video meetings spill into simultaneous text chat.
Our values also manifest themselves in our benefits:
- Everyone makes $185,657, regardless of location.
- We offer the best health insurance we could find: medical PPO plan, dental, and vision that are 100% covered for both employees and dependents.
- We are very supportive of remote work. More than half of our team is outside of the San Francisco Bay Area; our only requirement is working hours with a significant overlap with Pacific Time.
- Our families and lives outside of our jobs are very important to us; our schedules are flexible to reflect and support that.